AST 1 - Fernie BC
- Duration: 16 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PTRZSD
- Be able to recognize and appropriately travel through avalanche terrain
- Interpret the avalanche forecast
- Know how to use rescue equipment and the basics of companion rescue
- Understand factors that affect the snowpack
- Have the prerequisite certificate for the Avalanche Operations Level 1 course
Prerequisites: You should be able to get down a blue run at the ski hill in a controlled manner at minimum. The group will ascend roughly 250 vertical meters over the course of the field day.
Instructors: Each course has a course leader and a typically a practicum for the field day with 8 participants per course.